I love, love, love this recipe. I still remember how great green beans tasted from my elementary school cafeteria, straight out of the industrial sized can. One of my fondest memories is when I volunteered as dishwasher in said cafeteria. Wielding the huge water hose that hung from the ceiling made me feel like Princess Leia (I would have said Lara Croft, but she didn’t exist back then). Now that I’m all grown up, I prefer organic green beans, but what I wouldn’t give to feel like Princess Leia. I wonder if they make lazer knives for chopping tomatoes. Ingredients
2 tbsp ghee
2 cloves garlic, mashed
½ lb green beans, cut into 1/4 or 1/2 inch pieces
2 red potatoes, quartered or chopped into small pieces
1 green chili (optional) Spices
½ tsp cumin seeds
½ tsp coriander
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp salt
1. In a large frying pan, heat ghee on medium, add cumin seeds.
2. As soon as seeds start to pop, add garlic and lightly brown.
3. Immediately mix in coriander and chili powder.
4. Add green beans, potatoes, salt and chilies.
5. Cover and cook over a moderate heat for about 20 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes to ensure even cooking.
6. Serve and enjoy!